Tuesday 2 February 2010

Those Little Publications

Wow!  Had a photograph published in My Weekly. That's £25 ! Lately I haven't been submitting Snippets, Reader Letters, Tips ... well, apart from a letter to Writing Magazine about why oh why are the interviews with authors all about their success instead of that roller coaster climb, their feelings on rejection, all the little publications, the volume of agents and publishers approached.  We know they are successful - they are published, their books are on the shelf. 

Anyway, I feel lucky as I've had a succession of bits 'n' pieces printed in Readers Digest, Essentials, Chat, Your Home, Amatuer Gardener, local Town Crier, Your Cat ...

Essentials was a surprise ... I sent in something else that I can't remember and the Editor emailed a group of us asking for a snippet on sauciness and naughtyness. My Dutch Romp got printed, wayhey!

No comments:

Post a Comment