Wednesday 1 August 2012

I Did What I Should Not have ...

Lots of top authors have had work rejected.


Accent Press contacted me and asked for 3 chapters but was rejected.  Numerous re-writes since then.


I saved money and sent to Hilary Johnson for a review.  It cost about £400. The review didn't fill me with confidence which is fair enough but at least it was mentioned I could write!


I lost my confidence and stopped writing 18months ago.


Recently I had two reviews on Harper Collins site and will say the majority of past reviews have been wonderful and the the comments encouraging... especially a '"roll over Bill Bryson"!!! These last two prompted me to start again.  So what the hell!!


Anyway, Sunday I opened up Kangaroo Land file for the first time in 18 months and to hell with it, will try again!


Have you been rejected?

No comments:

Post a Comment